Thursday, March 27, 2008

Birthday Festivities!

Last week was the big birthday celebration, and as luck would have it, it just so happened to be Muhammad's b-day as well, so we had a nice long holiday weekend in which to celebrate. My friends and I headed out to the 1000 Islands, a group of islands off the coast of Java, for a little sun and snorkling. We stayed at a great little place called Tiger Island, which is about the size of a football field and we had the run of the island for 3 fun-filled days. After a few minor sea urchin disasters, some incredible sunsets, copius amounts of snorkling, and some daredevil stunts involving a trampoline, we headed back to Jakarta to finish out the celebration in style...it just wouldn't be my birthday without a little karaoke...







2 comments:

Jeronimo Nisa said...

happy belated birthday!
what a great way to celebrate it. I'm jealous...

Jeronimo Nisa said...

Nope, I'm not done with school yet.
I was done with classes in December, but still have to finish my MA project. I moved to Birmingham, AL, in January and am interning for the Birmingham News. Besides this, I've been writing the research component of my project (the professional part, a 35-minute documentary was finished last semester).
In fact, as we speak (or rather as I write) i'm finishing up the last section of the research because I have to go back to Columbia to defend on april 21.
For how long will you still be there?