Wednesday, October 03, 2007

simple pleasures

I came home from work yesterday and what did I find? My wonderful cleaning lady, Andra, had picked a fresh papaya from a tree in my backyard, cut it up, and artfully arranged it on plate for me (yes, I have a cleaning lady. It's very normal to have house help lest you think I've gone all bourgeois since coming here. Fear not, I shall stay unchanged and remain true to my bohemian ways!) Seismic upheaval be damned! The cornucopia of tropical fruit that surrounds me is worth the risk...

1 comment:

whatsithisreallyfools said...

There's hot sauce in the background, but I see none on the fruit. Were you feeling OK?

Hot sauce on fruit is, for many, an acquired taste. Even for me, a lover of both fruit and chili, it took over a year in India before I learned to tolerate, then appreciate, then love, and finally demand it.